Trinity Church has decided to make improvements to the entrance and the facilities in the Conduit Centre. Over 700 people a week use the Centre. It hosts more than 20 community groups on a regular basis.
The new facilities will enable easier access for the disabled and infirm and for the children who use the Centre. The project will include environmentally friendly changes which will save on heating and lighting.
The First Phase (Summer 2019)
• Replacement toilets in the facilities off the Main Hall often used by children taking part in activities or by other groups
• Integrated seat facilities for children
• Provision of hot water in these toilets
The Second Phase (January 2020)
• A new front door to provide easy access for wheelchairs
• New toilet facilities and a greater number of toilets
• A separate disabled toilet opposite the front door for easy access
• A baby-changing facility
• LED lighting
• More storage
• Enclosure of the open tread staircase making the stairs safer.